With everyone you know getting Botox these days, it may seem like no big deal and anyone can do it. While it is a very quick and low-risk procedure with decades of research behind it, Botox still is a medical procedure and you should know a few things before deciding if it’s right for you!
- Not all injectables are the same. The brand-name Botox is made by Allergan, has FDA approval, and a several decades-long track record. Other brands are known to have less efficacy and more side effects, so we ALWAYS use brand-name Botox, no exceptions. At Plump Room, we believe you deserve the absolute BEST! No knock-offs!
- The skill of your injector matters a lot! The dosage and placement of Botox determines exactly what muscle is affected, and how much it is affected. Too much, and your eyebrows can’t move or being slightly off in location can cause lopsided smile etc. Always always always make sure your injector is properly trained! Any doctor can give injections (even without Botox certification) but every single injector at Plump Room is trained and certified by the American Academy of Facial Esthetics. We love what we do and believe being the best means being completely educated!
- Minimal swelling and bruising may occur. Immediately following the injections, there will be small swellings. They dissipate in about five minutes. There also may be small pinprick bruises at the injection sites that take a few days to clear. This is most common if you take fish oil, or aspirin on a regular basis or if you’ve had alcohol in the past 24 hours. The best way to prevent this is to avoid alcohol the night before, and stop fish oil for a week. **don’t stop taking blood thinners prescribed by your physician!
- How long it lasts; 3-6 months. Usually the first time will last three months. This is because the muscles are so overdeveloped and “burn through the Botox” faster. As you continue to have regular Botox treatments, they’ll last longer making their way up to lasting six months!
- Botox is used to so much more than wrinkles! We routinely treat muscle spasms, headaches, migraines, TMJ, and “gummy smile”. Especially at Plump Room, we specialize in creating facial harmony through injections. We treat uncommon areas to bring more balance and symmetry to you while still looking completely natural!
If you have any questions about your upcoming appointment never hesitate to reach out to us! We want you to feel completely comfortable so that you can fully relax and enjoy your experience with us when you come in!